Dance to Learn
The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation partners with Young Audiences of NJ & Eastern PA, professional dance companies, and teachers to promote the Dance to Learn experience.
Nimbus Dance Works partners with Dance New Jersey and Young Audiences of New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania to provide the Dance to Learn program. With funding from the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, and from participating schools and Parent Teacher Associations, Dance to Learn is a curriculum-based creative movement program for 2-5 grades, designed to overlap with academic areas and to fulfill New Jersey educational standards related to Dance.
Dance to Learn is:
- a four-year interdisciplinary and inclusive dance curriculum with the goal to advance dance education in schools and community settings.
- a model of dance education that meets or exceeds the NJ Department of Education Core Curriculum Standards for Dance and the National Core Arts Standards in Dance.
The Dance To Learn curriculum is both arts-based and truly arts-integrated because it:
- encourages students to explore, internalize and transform classroom learning and the elements of dance while developing their individual creative voices.
- offers opportunities for students to reflect, critique and connect personal experiences to their learning of dance and in their classrooms.
- is adaptive to any dance style, genre, or culture.
- provides an inroad to kinesthetic learning and connects to language arts, mathematics, science and social studies, physical education and music curriculums.
- offers formative and summative assessment and documentation tools to help measure the effectiveness of student learning and facilitator impact.
Current Partners with Nimbus Dance Works:
DR. MICHAEL CONTI SCHOOL - PS 5
CORNELIA F. BRADFORD SCHOOL - PS 16
Our Lady of Czestochowa School
Become a part of the Dance To Learn community!
Together we can advance the frontiers of dance education.
For more information, contact: Programs@nimbusdanceworks.org